What is Dry Grad?
Dry Grad is the event that takes place after the formal dinner/dance, and provides DSS students with a safe, drug/alcohol-free venue to continue celebrating their graduation. The event is fully supervised and is sponsored by parents of the graduating class.
When and where is Dry Grad?
- Friday, June 1, 2018, after the formal dinner/dance
- Ladner Community Centre
- 11:00 p.m to 5:30 a.m. (June 2rd)
- Grads leave Pat Quinn’s Ballroom dinner & dance by midnight, and return to Ladner for a quick clothing change before attending Dry Grad
- Grads must be in the door by 12:00 am and do not have in/out privileges
- All grads MUST be pre-registered in order to attend
Who organizes Dry Grad?
Parents of the graduating class are the primary organizers. The event has several committees (red carpet, food, games, security etc.), and we are still in need of volunteers. Parents from the Grade 11 class are welcome to help out (get a head start on next year!).
How much does Dry Grad Cost?
The cost of Dry Grad is between $200-$300 per grad. The Dry Grad Committee is requesting a minimum cash family contribution of $100/grad, which will decrease the amount of fundraising required. This contribution is not in lieu of volunteering.
Grads receive a commemorative t-shirt, food, entertainment and prizes. The prize draws are held throughout the night, which encourages grads to remain at the event.
- Please make $100 family contribution cheques to “Delta Secondary Dry Grad”
- Mail to Delta Secondary School, 4615 51st Street, Delta, BC, V4K 2V8, or
- Drop off at the school office – registration due by (TBA).
How is Dry Grad different from Grad Council?
Dry Grad is an entirely parent-driven event, and is not considered a school event. Dry Grad fundraisers help pay for Dry Grad.
Grad Council is a school-driven student council, and the council fund raises to offset the price of their formal dinner/dance ticket.
The formal dinner/dance is a school function and requires that students to meet specific graduation requirements before attending. Please contact Delta Secondary School for more information.
How can you help?